If you’re a YouTuber, you’ve probably heard of both of these tools, which help you analyse your channel. VidIQ vs Tubebuddy is a fierce rivalry. It’s difficult to pick one over the other.
Both tools have advantages and disadvantages. YouTube, as you may know, is a search engine, and if you want your YouTube videos to rank, you must post SEO-friendly content.
The battle between VidIQ and TubeBuddy for YouTube marketing is never-ending. There are paid versions of both platforms. So, if you’re going to invest your money, you should compare tools and figure out which platform will provide you with the most benefits at the lowest cost.
VidlQ free Version:
TubeBuddy free Version :
The Web Application
VidIQ and TubeBuddy both have a web app that you can access by logging in to their respective websites. VidIQ’s web app is superior to TubeBuddy’s in our opinion because it is more straightforward and user-friendly. To access all of TubeBuddy’s features and tools, you must first click on the Launch Pad icon. Everything is neatly organised in tabs at the top of the page with VidIQ, so you can quickly find what you need.
TubeBuddy has a few more features if you’re willing to pay for them. While most of VidIQ’s tools and features are free, TubeBuddy has been a little stingy with its freebies. To be honest, if you want to get the most out of both tools, you’ll have to pay for them. While TubeBuddy has a greater number of tools than VidIQ, you’ll quickly discover that VidIQ outperforms TubeBuddy based solely on tool availability.
- Take the competitor research feature, for example. This feature is available for free on VidIQ (with some limitations). This gives VidIQ an advantage because anyone can use the platform to conduct competitor research.
- They can pay for additional features and options if they want them, but the premise is that they don’t have to. In our opinion, this is a huge win for VidIQ, because most YouTubers start at the bottom and don’t have the financial means to invest in SEO tools.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that VidIQ provides Bulk SEO tools, whereas TubeBuddy does not. Bulk SEO allows you to edit the metatags of multiple videos at once, saving you time. It’s worth noting, however, that the Bulk SEO option is only available to paid users. That’s a little disappointing, because it’s such a useful tool.
- VidIQ also allows you to conduct research on your subscribers to find out what they like to watch on YouTube and gain insight into their tastes. This is also a paid feature that isn’t absolutely necessary, but it’s a fun option to have.
- TubeBuddy, on the other hand, has a rank tracker, whereas VidIQ does not. Rank trackers are a great way to keep track of how well your videos are performing on YouTube. You’ll know how to improve or what to do to stay on top of your game if you know where you’re ranked. This feature is only available to paid users and is not available to free users.
- Finally, TubeBuddy has an A/B Thumbnail Testing feature that VidIQ lacks, and it’s only available to paid users. This tool isn’t necessary, but it’s useful to be able to compare different thumbnails to see which one performs better and has a higher CTR. The higher the CTR, the more views you’ll get, as we all know. Your watch time improves as you gain more views. YouTube’s algorithms will rank you higher and suggest you based on your watch time.
Extensions for Chrome
The Chrome extensions for TubeBuddy and VidIQ are nearly identical. Both are free to download and use, and will assist you in conducting keyword and competitor research directly from YouTube.
Sidebar for Search
For the search results page, both tools have a sidebar that provides additional information on a given keyword. While TubeBuddy only displays the keyword competition score and monthly search volumes.
VidIQ provides additional information about the keyword, such as who the top creator is for that keyword, how many times it appears in titles and descriptions, and the average number of subscribers channels using that keyword have (among other stats that you can take a look at in the screenshot below). Both are visually appealing and easy to read.
In addition, both tools will show video tags in the search results. On the SERP, VidIQ will also display the number of shares a video has received, the likes/dislikes ratio in percentages, and the number of subscribers a channel has.
Both tools provide you with additional information, such as related keywords and the most frequently used tags. If you use their paid plans, you can get even more information out of both tools.
When it comes to the SERP sidebar, both tools are powerful. VidIQ, on the other hand, provides more in-depth information about the keywords you’re looking for. TubeBuddy, on the other hand, can give you a better idea of how well your video will rank for that keyword. Obviously, you can use both tools, but we find that VidIQ is far more useful in this situation than TubeBuddy.
Video Analysis – Video Page
Both video analysis tools, in our opinion, are fantastic. They give you a lot of information and data about the video you’re watching right now – and that includes any video on the platform, not just yours. Both tools also provide useful statistics that allow you to see how well any given video (yours or your competitor’s) is performing.
TubeBuddy also allows you to copy tags and look up search rankings for specific tags in the list. However, we believe VidIQ is superior in this area. VidIQ simply offers more and is more convenient to read and use, even though the statistics provided are very similar.
Both tools modify a channel’s page (which only you can see) and add some channel-wide statistics. TubeBuddy and VidIQ both display channel statistics as well as channel keywords for a given time period. VidIQ also provides additional information such as channel category and location. Except for that small difference, there isn’t much of a difference between the platforms.
VidlQ free Version:
TubeBuddy free Version :
When it comes to deciding which of VidIQ and TubeBuddy is better, the answer must be subjective. TubeBuddy is the best choice for all types of YouTube content creators, while VidIQ is ideal for newbies on YouTube or those who don’t have enough SEO knowledge. TubeBuddy receives more credit in terms of popularity.
The score table, however, favours VidIQ in terms of a simpler interface and assistance with the fundamentals. In the end, the decision is yours to make. Both platforms provide incredible opportunities, tools, and features for expanding the reach of your content, and they are the best YouTube marketing tools available today.